Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simplicity Nachos

As I sit here listening to old records, well not too old, the Top Gun soundtrack is playing.  That still dates back to '86 and some would say that it is musically dated.  I am enjoying some nacho's; chips and salsa have always been a household favorite.  I've been known to eat a pretty near a quart of salsa  in a sitting.  Nothing can top our home canned garden salsa.

Today, I decided to spice up my chip routine.  I had some Eichtens Tomato  Basil Gouda and a bit of PepperJack on hand.   I shredded the cheese directly over the platter of chips.  After melting the cheese in the oven, a sprinkling of cilantro over the top provided a bit of zest to the cheesy nachos.

Cheesy Cilantro Nachos

I had all this on hand, simple snack and enjoyable, but far from fancy.  It is hard for me to imagine going to the store with Nacho's being the end goal.  Even so, at a grocery store the options for nachos would clutter this snacks simplicity.  Before one knew it there'd be ground beef or chicken chunks, lettuce, sour cream, a side of guac and even black olives; and this snack would turn into a meal and the end goal would be distorted.

Too often do the options in life distort us from the simple beauty of living.  


1 comment:

  1. The nachos look delicious! Perhaps we could make some at the next craft club meeting...

    ReplyDelete