Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fish bowl

This spring has been full of trials, I can't imagine one that has had as many stressors weighing on my mind. The spring  weather was difficult, mentally and fiscally.
There has been relief in the summer heat, the absent rays in May added to my dismay.

I've had many posts just swimming around my mind, but as the weeks progressed into summer these goldfish have been forgotten or found floating belly up.  Others remain, waiting to be transformed from scattered thoughts and into some form of linear prose.

There's been some mighty good; this winter was full of great adventures. West coast visits, mountain heights, broomball in the rain, and an escape to an air mattress in NYC.

I dedicated quite a bit of time into having a functioning garage. I've continued to bike to work, something I started in the fall. It's a short ride, but one can always take the long way home. My kitchen continues to make me happy, though it doesn't always make me dinner. The barstools were added a year after construction completion and are a stool you can truly sit on. I still enjoying the occasional home brew, even though I haven't ventured past the first batch. Judging by the growth of the hops this season, there will be more than enough for a couple of batches this fall.
The yard is a work inprogress, I just try and keep it a forward progress, though that's not always in my control.

I need to make more time to jot my thoughts down.  The process of writing it out is like catching one of those fishies from the crowded tank and letting it go... Free up some space and clean the waters.


No comments:

Post a Comment