Monday, September 12, 2011

Ice Cream Disaster to Malt Make-over

In the summer I don't end up going grocery shopping all that often.  Perhaps that is why recently when I got back from the store I became distracted by another task at hand and the Ice Cream was left on the counter.

What a disappointing moment, to discover my two quarts were sitting on my counter soft to the touch.  Not ready to give up on them I put the now soft serve ice cream back into the freezer to grieve.  Everyone knows that melted eice cream is never as good after it has been refrozen.  The texture never recovers.  Upon a friend's suggestion I decided my only option was to re-purpose the ice cream.  When life melts your ice cream, make a malt.

Using my re-frozen vanilla ice cream I added: 
4 generous scoops: Ice Cream
1 Orange
2 Splashes of Lemon Juice
1.5 cups of Frozen Wild Black Raspberries (few currants mixed in)
Milk for ease of blending
And a bit of left over Strawberry Rhubarb Wine for fun.

Since then, I've used up both my Vanilla and Bordeaux Chocolate Cherry melty ice creams.  Using a combination of the above ingredients, but also using some of my mint mead to which worked really nicely with the chocolate in the cherry ice cream.    

I must say, that certainly is some salvaged ice cream.  So tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment